Creating and saving an article (page)
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
If you want to create an article on your own page, you can see how to do it here. There are several ways to create your own page. The simplest one is explained here:
- On the top right of every page you will find the "Search field" where you can search the wiki for keywords and content. In this case you use the search field to create your own page. To do this, enter the exact name of the page you wish to create. As you can see on the picture, this is how the page you are currently on was created.Enter the name of the page, press enter or click with the mouse on the magnifier symbol at the right in the search field.
- On the next page you can see the red link with the title of you page. The link is red, because the page does not exist yet. Click on the red link for creating the page.
- On the next page you can already enter the unformatted text for your page or link the page to the category "How to use KF Wiki" as described on the picture, but you don't have to do that now. This is the source text mode for advanced users. How to edit and create articles can be found in the following chapter "Editing and formating articles" (for beginners). Click on "Save page" to save the page.
- Congratulations, you have created your first article page! In the address bar you see the URL of this page and at the top left of the page you see the title. (You can also see the link to the category "How to use the KF Wiki", which you may have done in the previous step). But that doesn't have to be, because in the next chapter "Editing and formating articles" you will learn how to make this even easier.
- [Also you can enter a wished page name already in the adress bar, like you see the URL from this page. On the next page click on "create this page".]